To perform a series of rhythmic and technical patterned bodily movements usually performed to music.
1. The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes.
(Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
2. Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
3. The theme and the dance form of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation.
Dance forms include:
4. Aerobic exercises, miming, cheerleading and drill team routines may not be used.
Contestants Will Be Judged By The Following Criteria:
• Technical Proficiency/Skill (25 pts)
• Clarity and Consistency in Style (25 pts)
• Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25 pts)
• Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25 pts)